When your dentist wants you to use an electric toothbrush for your oral health, you may wonder which one is the best! There are various brands available on the market, and making a final purchase decision could be quite a task.
Usually, it’s best to let your dentist decide the best brand for you. Then, your dentist can tell you what type of electric toothbrush is the most viable option. You can also see the pros and cons of it! Also, you can check out the reviews to see what other users are sharing about the performance of the electric toothbrush.
Read on for more information.
What Is An Electric Toothbrush?
As the name suggests, an electric toothbrush is an automatic toothbrush. You would charge it to use it, and it would help clean your teeth thoroughly. It’s wise to use an electric toothbrush because of the benefits it offers.
An electric toothbrush will benefit you if you have carpal tunnel, arthritis, or any other such issue. It’s safe and fun to use an electric toothbrush. It helps you get rid of the plaque. Keeping your mouth clean is vital, and with the help of an electric toothbrush, you would be aware of the toothbrush timing as well. There are built-in timers and many other features that can help!
What Are The Different Types of Electric Toothbrushes?
There are various electric toothbrushes that you can find out there on the market. When it comes to brands, you will see different options. It’s always better to check the customer reviews to get an idea of what to expect. Also, it gives a glimpse of the product’s performance.
The types of electric toothbrush depend on the action it depicts. Therefore, you can categorize it, by the way, the brush moves.
Rotary Electric Toothbrush
You may have a rotary electric toothbrush. The head of this electric toothbrush would be moving in a circular motion. The speed is up to 7500 strokes in a minute. Check how your electric toothbrush moves and see if it falls in this category.
Ionic Electric Toothbrush
As the name suggests, Ionic electric toothbrushes use ions to remove the plaque from your teeth. It doesn’t matter what category of electric toothbrush you use. The goal of the electric toothbrush is to clean your mouth and remove the plaque and bacteria from your mouth.
Circular Electric Toothbrush
The movement of this type of electric toothbrush head is only in one direction. Share in the comments if you own this type of electric toothbrush!
Sonic Electric Toothbrush
According to Healthline, the motion for a sonic electric toothbrush is side to side, and the speed is up to 31000 brush strokes in a minute.
Ultrasonic Electric Toothbrush
If you have an ultrasonic electric toothbrush, you can expect the bristles to vibrate at ultrasonic frequencies. Share in the comments if you have this one!
Ask your dentist to suggest what type of electric toothbrush would be suitable for your oral health! It’s good to know what’s the most viable option. However, it’s hard to make a final decision when there is a wide variety. Let your dentist pick the right electric toothbrush for you and your kids! See if there are electric toothbrushes available for the kids, especially if your kids give you a hard time brushing your teeth at night. It’s best to instill good oral habits from an early age.
What Are The Benefits of Using An Electric Toothbrush?
There are many benefits of using an electric toothbrush, for example:
● An electric toothbrush would help you clean your mouth thoroughly.
● It will help in covering more area. See if there is a difference in the cleaning process when using an electric toothbrush.
● It would help in reaching the areas that are otherwise hard to reach. For example, if you have crooked teeth, your dentist would suggest you use an electric toothbrush. You don’t want bacteria or plaque to build up between the teeth.
● There is a variety available, and you will find an electric toothbrush with amazing features.
● If you have an issue with timing and find it hard to guess whether you are being too harsh on the gums, then an electric toothbrush would be the most viable option.
You may even wonder whether to use an electric toothbrush or go for the manual one. Your dentist can suggest to you what’s best for your oral health. If the dentist recommends that an electric toothbrush is suitable for your health, you must consider the electric ones! You have to see what works best for you.
Tips to Keep In Mind for Your Oral Health
When using an electric toothbrush, keep the following tips in mind for your oral health:
● Make sure you consult with your dentist to know what’s the best electric toothbrush for your oral health.
● Visit your dentist regularly so that you can get rid of the cavities and plaque buildup.
● Your dentist can suggest how to brush your teeth the right way. You could be using the wrong brushing technique.
● Maintain a well-balanced diet. Eat fruits vegetables, and take care of your overall health.
● Sleep on time and don’t smoke. Avoid sugar and sweets. You are inviting cavities to your mouth by indulging in chocolates and other such items.
● Stay hydrated and discuss the situation with your dentist if you have any dental issues.
Find the best electric toothbrush for yourself. It’s better to see the customer reviews and find out what other people are saying. However, your dentist must have the final say. Your dentist can suggest what’s best for your oral health so listen to your dentist.
Wrapping It Up
Finding a suitable electric toothbrush may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Your dentist is the best source of information when it comes to finding the right toothbrush for your oral health. But, first, you have to see the most viable option available to you in electric toothbrushes.